Number of demo farms : 70
Sectors: Arable crops
- To measure the effectiveness of IPM strategies on pests, pesticide consumption and technical-economic performance. The goal is to approximate a seventy-five percent reduction in the use of plant protection products (PPP) with less than ten percent yield loss on an “innovative” plot compared to a “control” one in each farm.
- To learn about the drivers for the implementation of IPM measures.
- To identify the conditions for acceptance of changes in practices.
- To improve pest monitoring techniques and tools for farmers.
Main outputs :
- Information panels, articles in agricultural newspaper, website
- Manual and instructional videos for pest monitoring
- Technical data sheet
- Publication of scientific results
- Farm visit and meeting regularly each year
- Intermediate and final report
- Co-innovative approach between farmers, advisors and scientists.
- A rotation of 6 crops and related measures to reduce PPP fixed in common by small groups (10-15 farmers) and implemented on an “innovative” plot compared to a “control” one.
- Detailed monitoring of pests jointly carried out by farmers and scientists.
- Technical-economic analysis of the results as well as an “acceptance of changes” section.